Wednesday, April 25, 2007



Guilty pleasure for the afternoon . . .


While working at home this afternoon, I've been half-watching "Black Widow." Anyone else remember this 1987 film?


An attractive woman (Theresa Russell) appears to have made her goal in life to marry rich men and collect the inheritance when they die. Nothing new there, except that to speed up the process she kills each of her husbands with a poison that leaves no trace. Hot on her trail is a keen female federal investigator (Debra Winger) who cannot convince people about the murders or that the same woman keeps inheriting the money.


I remember this as the movie where Winger went from being film hottie (An Officer and a Gentleman and Urban Cowboy) to film schlump. Some descriptions of the movie talk about a lesbian subtext, but I always thought it was more of a hetero school girl crush. Winger's character is so thrilled to become friends with the coolest girl in town, that she practically giggles in her presence. A "B" movie no doubt, but oddly entertaining.


Hanna got her sutures out today. It never ceases to amaze me how much she loves to go to the Vet's and see all her adoring fans. She has had painful procedures done a number of times - infected molars were pulled on 2 seperate occasions, and she has now had 2 knee surgeries, but she retains no aversion to going to the doctor's. There was a chocolate lab being admitted for the same surgery as Hanna had - her older owner brought along her stuffed dollie to keep the pooch company. Hanna managed to steal it, but I actually got it away from her undamaged. Here is an old photo of her hanging out with the neighbors.


8 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Yeah, I'm on my way over.

Good girl, Hanna!

6:20 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Don't know the movie, but glad to hear Hanna is doing better.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - I have one of the best porches around for people watching - you must come over for knitting and wine on the porch some sunny day

la - thanks, she seems to be all healed up

8:05 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I haven't seen the movie but I do love Debra. She's so feisty.

7:12 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Nanners likes the attention from the vets more than she hates the reason why she's there? Very cute.

Your balcony looks so inviting. A great place to have friends (human and dog) over.

11:51 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

You are making me want dogs!

7:50 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

What are Hootie and the Blowfish doing on your balcony?

I've seen that movie. I thought it was really neat how the Theresa Russell character changed her look everytime. And I loved the ending.

10:32 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Hanna is a remarkable dog any way you slice it.

I love this picture. Looks very Californian! Kinda reminds me of San Fran, in some ways.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home