Thursday, April 26, 2007













Baby blanket in progress . . .




I'm a bit behind schedule, but I have now finished 2 of the 4 blocks for the baby blanket. The shower is May12, so I need to get crackin'. Things should settle down after this Saturday, and I will have a bit more time for knitting. Between now and Saturday I am: working; going to see David Sedaris(!); getting my hair cut and colored (ok, so I'm not a natural blond); having lunch with my mother; golfing; and going to dinner with friends (Saturday is my birthday).




Truth be told, all this social intercourse goes against my loner tendencies, but it will all be fun.




Since I've been complaining about Netflix lately, I have to also give it credit for a pretty cool service they offer that I recently discovered - "Watch it Now". They offer a number of movies and tv shows to watch on the spot - though you do need to download the Netflix viewer. Yesterday I watched "The Great Train Robbery" with Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland and Leslie-Anne Down, starring in Michael Crichton's adaptation of his book about the 1855 train robbery of gold bound to pay the British soldiers fighting in the Crimean War. I read the book years ago, and enjoyed the film version.

13 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Happy Early Birthday! Boy, you're busy - makes me feel bad about my weekend plans - passing out on my couch to watch tv.

8:58 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Love the blanket. The colors are are very cool. And also I wish you a very Happy Birthday!!

(I hear you on the loner status.)

9:32 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Happy early birthday Diane

Since you're not a natural blonde, does that mean we should lay on the blonde jokes?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - but that is what I WANT to be doing! :-)

flix - I think the colors are nice too - not too baby-ish

sage - bring 'em on! (I live with blond jokes and lawyer jokes :-))

11:17 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That blanket is very cool. You've got a busy week ahead of you. I find myself getting a little freaked out when I have a lot of social things on my calendar at once. Loners unite!

And of course, Happy early Birthday!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday:)

12:05 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I think the blanket is looking fantastic! You'll easily finish it by the deadline.

Many happy returns on Saturday.

4:50 PM  
Blogger LA said...

BTW, did you hear about this?

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/26/cops-sandra-bullock-watches-as-hubby-attacked/

4:51 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Diane, you'll have to stop back by my blog today and check it out...

4:53 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

The blanket is looking terrific. The new baby (& the mom) will love it.

My weekend will include buying a new battery for my phone. Remember all the beeping? Well it finally died. Actually, I'm kind of enjoying the quiet.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - I did read that on dlisted - though it wasn't in the OC Register or LA Times, and I didn't notice any brouhaha Sunday night . . . my guess would be that it was a tad exagerated. :-)

Sage - that is too funny - thanks!

ffleur - ugh - electronics make me crazy

mishy, joe - thanks!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - ok, so it has been picked up by other news orgs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070427/ap_en_mo/people_bullock;_ylt=AsI1MmdryhtDlS5ypSN5KiRxFb8C

BTW - the idea of her laying in front of their garage door on several occasions is pretty funny if you've seen their house . . .

7:45 AM  
Blogger LA said...

diane - I've seen their house now... all over the news, that is. That is to say, I'd easily be able to find it next time I drive through. Nice job on protecting their privacy, ABC.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home