Sunday, December 17, 2006


Last night, I went and saw the Nutcracker Ballet performed by the St. Petersburg Ballet Company at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. The ballerina dancing Clara was lovely, and the Prince/Nutcracker partnered her nicely. In an offbeat celebrity sighting, Kobe Bryant was sitting a few rows in front of us with his wife and young daughter. There were lots of children there, and it was fun to see all the little girls wearing their very best party dresses.

I invited a friend who is a single mom, and is putting herself through nursing school - it was her first ballet, and I think she enjoyed it. It's always fun to have an excuse to get dressed up and drink champagne. We finished up the night at a local bar, where I had fun flirting with a fella ten years younger than me. Nanners was nice enough to let me sleep in until 7:30(!) this morning, and today we are just being lazy, and hanging around the house. Amazingly, I have even correctly picked a few games in the local football pool.

How was your weekend????

6 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Sounds like you had fun at the ballet. It's something I've just never been able to get into.

I woke up at around 3am last night when my pain killers wore off. I got up to surf the net waiting for the next one to kick in. About an hour later, I went back to lay on the couch, only to find Wally curled up in my space and unwilling to move. I had to lay down on the opposite end and drape my feet and legs over him - he still wouldn't move and we fell asleep like that. I think he had been waiting to snag that spot for days.

3:43 PM  
Blogger sage said...

The Nutcracker is fun--I've taken my daughter to it twice (and she's only 8)! When she is ten, maybe I'll try some opera on her, maybe Don Giovanni... Glad you had fun.

4:38 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Pretty quiet weekend, just some football and usual chores. Sounds like you had some good fun!!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

The ballet sounds cool. I've never been.

My weekend was really nice. It was 70 degrees here and sunny (the perfect weather IMO) so I spent some time outside.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll make a resolution to get over my fear of The Nutcracker this year.

6:51 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

A really diverse night....ballet, bar, and young men.....I like it! Well except the young men part.....and there is no way I would go for a girl 10 years younger than me....at 20 they are still to fresh out of the box for me lol

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home