Sunday, December 10, 2006



Sixth time is the charm . . .

After starting and ripping apart the lacy, wavy cuff five times, I have finally made some progress on these Cowboy Slipper Socks made from Bison Wool. I am knitting these for my mother for Christmas. The Bison Wool is super warm and soft, and I wouldn't mind keeping them for myself . . . but that is not the proper holiday spirit.

Oh, and that box on the floor in the first photo, is the box of work I brought home this weekend that I am avoiding like the plague, but that I must get to this afternoon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these warm slippers... I'll take three pairs:)

4:04 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

What a technique!

6:04 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

You and LA should open your own knitting business. Teaching classes, taking orders, selling supplies, the like. Knitting is very hot right now.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

joe - it is really warm and soft

flix - the double pointed needles look impressive, but aren't really

mishy - la is a much better knitter than I am - I was close to walking the streets of her town calling her name, desperate for help . . .

11:07 AM  
Blogger sage said...

bison wool sounds warm! better get those toes done before winter sets in!

1:53 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm here to tell you that socks are a royal P.I.T.A., exponentially so due to the lace. And don't let Diane fool you, she's equal to me in knitting, and totally surpasses me in output.

Diane - They fit you, I think you should treat yourself to a pair. I got some flannel yarn on vacation a couple years ago that totally needs to become slippers.

12:44 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

those look awful kinky! are you sure they're for mom or are you waiting up for santa claus under the mistletoe? you'll be wearing those knitted cuffs and nothing else.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home