Thursday, October 12, 2006



Romeo and Juliet

Next week I'm taking my 17 year old niece to see the Kirov Ballet perform Romeo and Juliet at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. According to the Long Beach Press Telegram: "The company's production of 'Romeo and Juliet' is the one originally created for the ballet by choreographer Leonid Lavrosky when the ballet premiered at the Kirov, which commissioned the work, in 1940. Prokofiev originally wrote the work for the Kirov in 1935-1936 but that version featured a happy ending and was never produced. It was his revised version with the original ending that was finally presented."

I really enjoy going to the theater, especially to the ballet. The dance and music are almost always wonderful, and I love the pretty sets and costumes. I also think it is nice to have an excuse to get dressed up, pretend to be sophisticated, and drink champagne during intermission.

2 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

What a nice aunt you are!

8:45 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

how lucky your niece is. i love ballet. it always makes me tear up, especially when seeing it live.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home