Friday, December 26, 2008

After a very busy day yesterday, Sam was forced to endure a bath this morning. Normally, I wouldn't bathe her when it is so cold out, but SOMEONE rolled in poo this morning while we were out for a walk. To get even, she decided she'd lay on my favorite sweater to keep warm after the bath. I added the blanket so that she would stop looking pitiful and shivering.

We would have stayed in bed a bit longer, but a mourning dove managed to find its way into the house, even though the door was only a bit ajar for Sam. Fortunately, when I opened the door all the way, it escaped, unharmed.

Christmas was nice, but I'm glad it's over. I got a really nice new coffee maker from my brother that has a grinder, so I'll be off to buy some good coffee beans today.

The weather was wild yesterday, but it's a pretty day today, and I'm hoping for a nice long walk later.

I hope you all survived Xmas, too!

4 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

I like how you say "someone rolled in poo." I'm assuming from the story it was Samantha. ;)

10:18 AM  
Blogger sage said...

If you could learn the trick to break dogs of how to roll in poo, you could retire comfortably! I hate that... the mourning dove sounds like a sign for something good... and I love to wake up to the sound of the coffee grinding by itself in the maker (I hope yours has an alarm clock)!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

HAHA! Have to love animals! =)

4:51 PM  
Blogger buckyor said...

To get even, she decided she'd lay on my favorite sweater to keep warm after the bath.

Better she did that after the bath than before, wouldn't you say?

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home