Monday, October 06, 2008





So here is my yesterday in a nutshell -




Went for a nice, long walk along Bolsa Chica State Park (ignore my finger in the photo).




The advantage of taking along my iPhone is that I was able to check out the NFL scores and see how crappy I was doing in my pool. Actually, at one point I was in first place, and then all my teams tanked (nice last five minutes, Houston!), and I did ridiculously bad. Bottom line, I have lost all my NFL mojo. Where is Austin Powers when you need him?
But hope springs eternal, so I'll keep plugging along.

When I got home, I started up a new pair of socks, in the "Monkey" pattern.




The colorway is a special Obama colorway called "Audacity" hand dyed by one of the talented ladies of Knitters for Obama. KFO has raised about $30,000 for Obama, and the total is still rising.




Noodles took advantage of the lazy day for a long nap.

And the Angels actually beat the Sox in extra innings!

6 Comments:

Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Aw. Your Samantha looks like she is definately getting her snooze on.
Check out these links in regards to the presidental race. Two NY Times opinion pieces(great), and the McCain/Keating Five Scandal mini documentary out on YouTube. Great stuff.
That vapid Sarah Palin started something this weekend she will probably regret.


http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/opinion/05dowd.html?em

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/opinion/05rich.html?em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDofbll86dY&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_922988

6:29 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

The finger in the picture definitely adds to it=)

I did awful in my football pool this week. Plus the Bills quarterback got hurt and we didn't win=(

6:51 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I'd like to see more photos of your finger and it's travels across the globe.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

I love the monkey pattern. It's such a cool idea, overall.

11:06 AM  
Blogger LA said...

When I went to coffee yesterday, the guy at the window was ecstatic about the Angels. I think a freeway series would be fun, especially since there's no pro football in this town.

That's freaking amazing that KFO have raised $30K!

12:22 PM  
Blogger LA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home