Sunday, October 05, 2008


The week in review . . .
Hanna did fine with her chemo, and as usual, charmed the chemo doctor and her staff. The doctor called her "the dog who smiles". We're going to cut back to chemo every other week, and hopefully, she will continue to thrive.
She's still ravenously hungry from the steroids, and I try to fill her up with vegetables. Oddly enough, this is the same strategy they use at Jenny Craig - they call it "volumizing". Hanna and I call it bullshit. Hanna eats her broccoli raw; for me, it's steamed.
I'm sick to my stomach over the Angels nose dive in the face of playing a series against the Red Sox.
I have rodents visiting again out on my deck in amongst the overgrown plants and dropped bird seed. While I can hear it or them out on the deck while we're all in bed, the great yellow hunter and the great red and white hunter don't seem to think it's worth investigating. I get up from bed, turn on the light and walk outside to chase them off . . . alone. So the electric rat trap and mouse bait are in play again around the house.
I'm off for a long walk to hopefully improve on my .2 lb. (!) weight loss from last week, though according to their (Jenny Craig's) measurements, I've lost 4.5 inches in the last month.
How was your week?

9 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Volumizing sounds much better than the alternative. My week and weekend has been LONG!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Last week was long and not that much fun at all. I'm hoping this week is better!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

My week has been good. Glad to hear Hanna is tolerating her treatment, and congratulations on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Wow 4.5 inches is a lot no matter what my old girlfriend says.

Way to go

My week was uneventful and filled with strange pain in my abdomen.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

My week was good. I bought a bunch of skulls and other Halloween decorations. I can't resist that stuff.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

Week was good. Angels won last night!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

I'm smiling at the description of Hanna as the dog who smiles. :)
Last week was crazy and tough. The weekend was excellent, and this week is off to a much better start. Thanks for asking!

11:30 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Glad to hear Hanna's doing well - even if she DOES have to eat broccoli.

1:08 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Last week kind of jarred me because I'm having reconciling that it's already OCTOBER!

Glad to hear Hanna has graduated to the next phase of chemo & is still tolerating it so well. What a sweet girl she is!

Sorry the rodents are back. I wonder if they return when there is a change in weather?

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home