Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hanna is doing great! She is officially known at the Vet's office as a big cookie thief, and seems to be feeling really well. She has her spunk back, that's for sure, and it's a sign that the chemo is having some positive results. One more week of chemo, then we take a break for a week and re-assess.

We also have her on the steroid prednisone; the cancer she has will ultimately attack her gastric system, and the prednisone will help keep that in check as much as possible. However, the prednisone makes her very thirsty and very hungry. She drinks a ton of water, and has gone from being an avid forager for food, to a rabid forager for food. I see her eyeing strangers walking down the street carrying their to-go containers from local restaurants. When we go for walks, she only wants to take a path that takes her past locations where food is likely to be found - like restaurant parking lots and dumpsters.

I try to keep her full on lots of carrots, but I still advise watching your fingers and toes if you are eating in her presence.

I was 11/16 in my NFL picks last week - not good enough to win, but a vast improvement over the previous week.

I've lost about 5 lbs. on Jenny Craig, and even that amount feels good! My goals for my weight loss are a bit more modest than the Jenny Craig people. I'll be thrilled to lose 10 lbs. I'll be ecstatic if I lose 15, I'll be over the moon if I lose 20 . . .

According the the Jenny computer program when I signed up, my recommended weight loss was between 18 - 50 lbs. 50???? Seriously? 50 lbs would put me below my freakin' high school weight. Much to their disdain, I stated my goal as 20 lbs., but assured them I'd be willing to reconsider if I made my goal, much to their relief.

Work is crazy busy this week.

How is your week going?

7 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

How is it going, crazy! At least I've been able to make it to the gym twice, which is good as I've had night meetings that have gone late--last night till after 10

3:49 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Congrats on loosing 5 pounds! I haven't been successful at all with loosing weight and I wish I knew why I can't seem to get motivated to go to the gym.

Glad to hear that Hanna is doing good!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Congrats on the pounds and on Hanna's progress! Maybe the vet won't be too strict about her stealing cookies. :)
My week is crazy busy as well. Already looking toward the weekend!

6:25 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Hey, 5lb. is a great start!!

Things have been crazy here on the east coast. I feel like I am at the mercy of our short summers.

8:19 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Quite possibly the worst week ever, but I'll spare you the details. I'm glad to hear Hanna is feeling so well. As someone who was on Prednisone non stop for 9 years, I can relate to the munchies - it was horrible. Congrats on your 5 lbs too. I'd wet myself if I could just lose 10.

11:16 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Soooo glad to hear Hanna's doing so well! Sounds like she's got the vet's staff wrapped around her paw, too.

Congrats on the 5 lbs!

Busy week, had to go to the office twice. That always throws me.

Watching All in the Family, season 1, on Netflix. OMG, that script would never get on television today, but it's still really hilarious, although now it's funny because it's so ironic and utterly un-PC.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Little Fish said...

So glad to hear that Hanna is doing well.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home