Tuesday, August 26, 2008



My hat's off tonight to Hillary Clinton. She hit it out of the ballpark with her speech tonight to the DNC.

(I was so absorbed with her speech that I now have my first mistake knitted into my lace sweater . . . but it's on the back of the left sleeve, and sort of minor . . . so I decided I could live with it. Plus, there is a belief among knitters that every sweater needs one mistake that you can live with to make it unique).

Her "were you in this just for me?" query to her supporters was brilliant.

Her attacks on McCain were the best of the night.

I have a new appreciation for her, and I have to admire any woman who can pull off wearing orange.

Well done, Hillary.

6 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I could never pulloff orange that's for sure! BTW, what do you think about Obama's VP choice?

3:48 AM  
Blogger sage said...

She's vying for the Supreme Court!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Smoke and Mirrors said...

Was in the ER with my sister (who is fine now) and missed the speech, but I heard she was terrific in unifying the party.

LA

10:29 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I missed this. Off to youtube!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I have to admit, I have never been a Hillary fan but I think she did an awesome job and I was blown away. And I thought she looked great in that orange pantsuit, too. She had some great lines and seemed so comfortable delivering that speech.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I couldn't stomach it when every other minutes they panned to Bill and he was seen with tears in his eyes. I hate when he quivers that lip of his. I had to turn it.

I did like her speech. I have never been a Hilary fan but I think she did a great job in rallying her troops and delivering them to Obama.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home