Monday, August 25, 2008

Today I worked from home . . . allegedly. In reality, I took the day off except for reading and responding to some emails. The girls and I had a lovely day that included the following:




Watching the rest of season one of the Wire. I've raved before about all five seasons of the Wire, and I recently downloaded season one from iTunes - the best 24 bucks I've spent in a long time. It was only about six months ago that I was glued to the tv for season five, and it was amazing to go back to the beginning and see again how some of the characters were developed. Even minor characters, like the guy who ended up as Bubbles' AA sponsor in the final season, were introduced early on - you just didn't know their significance at the time. For any other fans of the Wire - I totally recommend going back and watching the early seasons again.




Getting back to finishing up this sweater. The body is done, and I'm half way through one of the sleeves.It's been on hold while I did my charity knitting and the Ravelympics, but I'm not too far from finishing this project.




Hanna is doing great post-surgery, and today we got the biopsy results - the news is both good and bad. The tumor has been removed completely, but the adjacent lymph node was affected. The good news is that the other lymph node was clean. After she recovers from surgery, I'll have to have an in depth discussion with the oncologist to decide if we should pursue chemo, or just do regular check ups to look for new tumors.




I've had very little regular exercise lately, and until Hanna gets her stitches out, the dog walks are very limited, (both Nanners and Noodles keep giving me the stink eye each time I cut their walk short), so I ventured out for a five mile walk this afternoon on my own, and it felt great!




Finally, I think I'm developing a serious girl crush on Michelle Obama. Her speech at the DNC was lovely, touching and inspirational.




I can hardly wait for Cindy McCain's speech about how rough it was growing up as a beer heiress, USC sorority girl, and society girl/addict/drug thief.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Love the pret-ty sweater, beautiful color.

awwwww, cute pic of the sweethearts...so happy Hanna is doing better.

What can I say about Michelle. Her speech was everything you described, Diane. She and Barack complement each other. And the girls' appearance... PERFECT!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Drug thief?

I saw this article about McCain thought you might find it interesting...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

7:28 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

OH and that is good news and bad news about Hannah. I'm happy she is doing good now though

7:29 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

I hope for Hanna that the good news far out weighs the bad news, most definately! Nice sweater too.
Cindy McCain, drug thief? Wow, that is a resume booster.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat, leo - google "Cindy McCain drugs" and find all the articles on her getting caught stealing prescription drugs from a charity with which she was affiliated.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Smoke and Mirrors said...

I did not know Cindy McCain was a drug thief, but that news is positively rich!

Hopefully the removal of the only affected lymph node will signal an all clear on further surgery or any chemo. Glad she's home enjoying the good beach life.

I actually missed Michelle Obama, but I did see Ted Kennedy and was damned impressed. You'd never know he was sick at all!

LA

10:27 AM  
Blogger Little Fish said...

I swear to you I am a thoughtful, intelligent person who keeps up with politics and current events and has well thought out points of view on why I support the Democratic Party.

I felt I had to make that statement before I made the following statement about Michelle Obama... Man, can that women dress!! Great hair too.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home