Monday, August 04, 2008

Highlight of Monday? Seeing this bunny near the parking structure as I was leaving work .

I'm working with a woman who is self-destructing before our very eyes. She's drinking again after (what I believe was), a few years of sobriety. She has a two year old son, who's father is an on again, off again crack addict. She's repeatedly denied to me that she is drinking again, but called another co-worker on Sunday - drunk - and admitted it has been ongoing for some time. I don't think she remembers making this call. She called in sick to work yesterday, claiming to have a bloody nose.

She remains deeply in denial that she has a problem, and that she is screwing up royally at work. I've dealt with drunks and addicts before, and I know that there is only so much someone else can do to help.

Fingers crossed she gets the help she needs before it's too late.

6 Comments:

Blogger cyclopseven said...

Let us hold our palms together and hope she get over it, the sooner the better.

11:49 AM  
Blogger LA said...

What a sad situation, especially for the little boy. Hopefully, there is a responsible family member in his life who can pick up the slack while mom is hitting bottom.

12:28 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I hope see admits her need for help soon, and then be open to receiving help and changing patterns.

I like the bunny--I often see them in my backyard in the morning and evening

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I'm not sure how to respond to this aside from expressing my hope that she is able to recover from this for the sake of her child.

I saw a wild rabbit on easter once. Even weirder was one Thanksgiving I saw a family of wild turkeys strut on by, and haven't seen them since.

2:49 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

That is a sad situation...I hope she discovers her bottom soon.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That's really too bad, hopefully she can wake up and deal with whatever it is that causes her to drink before it's too late.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home