Monday, July 28, 2008

I spent a good part of a very lazy weekend catching up on my netflix dvds and dvr'd tv shows.


I am now an official member of the Mad Men cult. I had dvr'd all of the first season last weekend, and managed to watch all 13 episodes before the premiere of season two at 10 pm last night. I didn't much like the show after the first episode, but kept with it, and it definitely grew on me. A particularly interesting story line was the presidential race between JFK and Nixon. The Mad Men had the challenge of trying to sell the dull Nixon in the face of the charismatic JFK campaign. . . . sounds vaguely familiar. . . .

I also watched the 3rd and last season of Hamish MacBeth - a quirky BBC program from the mid-nineties. As I mentioned before, the west highlands scenery is spectacular, and I loved the unpredictable story lines.

Drum roll, please . . . .

This week's charity hat will be . . .

Grey!

How was your weekend?

10 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I am so glad you are an official member of the cult. We will be throwing a party in your honor.

10:15 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Im so into Mad Men now. Like you, I was only somewhat interested in it after the first episode, but by the end of the season, I was hooked.

10:58 AM  
Blogger dit said...

My weekend was great. I am hearing many good things about this Madmen show.

You should check the Venice canals sometime. Very cool sub part of Los Angeles.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Sadly I do not get HBO anymore=(

6:32 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Glad to have you on board with our cult. Who is your favorite mad man? Mad woman?

Eventful couple days here, none of it good. I'll email you tomorrow.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

"This week's charity hat will be . . .

Grey!"



Drum roll... kEwL!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Holycrap, did you feel that earthquake? It shook like crazy here, I have no cell service, can't text.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Are you So Cal ladies okay? Aren't earthquakes grand?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm on the 9th floor, and it was a-swaying!!!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm okay, just "all shook up." har har

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home