Saturday, August 09, 2008

After a rough night Thursday, Hanna is feeling much, much better. So good in fact, that she has started licking her stitches, bringing on the cone of silence . . .

As you can see, the cone has taken a beating over the years. She doesn't really seem to mind wearing it too much, and likes to use it in Godzilla-like style, wiping out everything in her path. Alternatively, it makes a handy carrying device for keeping favorite chew toys with you at all times. It also has razor sharp edges that will inevitably hit me in the back of the knee as we move together through the house. I wish she didn't have to wear it, but she is really intent on going after her stitches. Only 12 more days until she gets them out!

My next trip has been planned! A friend of mine goes every year to New Orleans, and this year I'm tagging along. She has a time share, so the lodgings are basically free, and the flight wasn't too expensive. The bar tab will likely be quite high, however. Five of us ladies are going in mid-October. Every year she goes back to the same palm reader. I've never had my palm read, but may give it a try!

Mom is coming over for dinner tomorrow, and I plan on a pretty low key weekend.

What do you have planned?

4 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I just posted what I've been doing--packing up!

I always feel sorry for dogs wearing those cones--and your NOLA trip sounds great (hopefully it won't be too hot in October).

2:38 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

Ah, Hanna. Get Well Soon!

10:52 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Feels like I blinked and my weekend is over. Glad Hanna's feeling better. NOLA sounds like a good time!

8:06 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I always feel bad putting the cone on Wally because he knocks into everything with it and he just looks so pathetic with it on. 12 days will be an eternity for Hanna! I hope she heals well.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home