Monday, November 19, 2007




A couple more photos from my trip to the Berkshires. Me, on the Appalachian Trail and a wildflower along the trail.


Tonight is the semi-finals for Dancing with the Stars: Helio Castroneves - awesome; Scary Spice - really good; Jenny Garth - vastly improved; and that clodhopper, Marie Osmond. Is she being kept around by the Latter Day Saints or all those old ladies who collect dolls from QVC?



The last few years, one of my resolutions has been to read 6 books/month, and I've actually read about 75 each year. Well, I've blown through that number this year, and just started my 93rd book - No Country for Old Men. My new goal is to start my 100th book by December 31.


Does anyone else watch "Chuck", Monday nights on NBC? It's my favorite new show - a fun mix of dry humor and the spy game.


I booked my next trip - wolf watching in Yellowstone in January. Yes, it will be cold. This time we'll be staying in old ranch cabins right in the park. That's the good news. The bad news? The showers and toilets are in a separate building, hence, flashlights are encouraged: "Sometimes bison move among the ranch buildings and are very dark and hard to see at night. You don't want to bump into a bison."


Should be very interesting . . .

11 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Nice pic of you there on the AT! And your reading--wow--I try to do about 4 books a month, but for the past couple months, I've been so busy, I've been averaging only about 2. As for Yellowstone, I'm jealous again. I've camped there and looked out the tent and seen bisons walking by and thought, one wrong step and I'm dead!

9:04 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

That sounds like a cool trip. I have yet to get to Yellowstone. And how the hell do you have that much time to read and still hold down a job? Then again, if I read instead of watching so much TV, I probably could, too.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - and they wouldn't even know they had squashed you!

edit - Books on tape!!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

"You don't want to bump into a bison!"

How often do you get to use THAT expression, in life??? Not nearly enough, I'm afraid.

1:53 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Bison are quite cool. This year's trip should prove a bit more, let's say . . . rustic, Diane. You'll have fun.

Parts of New England had it's first taste of snow today, and the pond has a very thin layer of ice. 10 degrees below zero always snaps the senses.

8:39 PM  
Blogger LA said...

The only thing worse than meeting a bison in the middle of the night is meeting a bison in the middle of the night when you have a full bladder.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I just saw No Country for Old Men and I must say that Javier Bardem one scary mofo. Excellent movie and stayed TRUE to the book. I think that Javier Bardem character is creepier than Hannibal the Canniba.

11:15 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

I loved No Country for Old Men! The book version that is, and I'm dying to see it on the big screen. Diane, Happy T-day and be wary of stepping in Bison, too! :P

5:39 PM  
Blogger v said...

Great photos!

Glad to hear your trip went so well. And like the others have said, your next trip back to Yellowstone sounds like great fun.

10:07 PM  
Blogger v said...

PS - But yeah. I think we're all in agreement. No one wants to bump into a bison.

Make sure to pack your flashlight!

10:13 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I really need to visit Yellowstone sometime, it looks beautiful!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home