Wednesday, July 18, 2007







So, I'm trying to see how long I can go without spending any money.



The last money I spent was on dinner and a mango margarita post-golf on Saturday. I did my grocery shopping early Saturday, and I have plenty of food for me and the dogs, and a mostly full tank of gas. Consequently, I can feed and transport myself for the remainder of the week, and I have already paid my bills for the month.



The best case scenario is Saturday evening; I am taking my niece to the Ballet, and even though I already have the tickets, parking and refreshments are a mandatory expense.



There are a couple of expenditures that I have decided are allowed exceptions (they are pre-existing obligations), to my self-imposed spending restriction. I wrote a check to the housekeeper yesterday, and on Thursday, my regular bi-monthly delivery of produce from Organic Express will arrive, and the cost will auto-deduct from my checking account.



The question is, can I make it all week without spending any money for a soda, coffee or a meal? Can I resist the temptation to buy that really cute golfing skort online? Only time will tell . . .



6 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Does it count if you spend someone else's money? Cause I got some tips on how to get some of that.

8:10 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ooh, keep us up-to-date on that one. I've tried to do this before and usually failed. But I have faith in you!

8:18 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Bravo if you can. You're a better person that me. I've gone that long without spending unnecessary money before, but usually only when it's been weeks since I've received a check and actually HAVE no money to spend.

11:35 AM  
Blogger LA said...

You can do it, Diane!

(They have coffee at the office, right?)

12:31 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I was going to try something like this after reading an article on bankrate.com.

Good luck!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I bet you can do it, Diane. That's a great idea. I'm appalled at how much money I spend on a daily basis but it's very hard to control. By the time I get gas, go to the grocery store, run an errand like sending something from the UPS store, and maybe meet a friend for lunch, it's easy to run through a hundred dollars.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home