Tuesday, June 19, 2007


This week's doctor's appointment/attempt to keep this old body going, was the Ophthalmologist. I am not officially blind yet, but we are increasing the prescription on my contact lenses. This increase may have a negative effect on my up close vision, so it is probably time to break down and buy some of those reading glasses they sell at the drug store. Honestly, that is what the Optometrist told me to do. It's so odd not to have someone try to sell you something . . . and at least I don't need bifocals yet.

This year I will probably also get a new pair of prescription glasses to wear when I don't feel like dealing with the contact lenses. They really do offer alot of cute frames. I always wish I had the moxie to buy some really funky ones, but I'll probably stick to something like this. Next up . . . the dentist!

5 Comments:

Blogger kookla@work said...

I've got the trifecta of bad vision. Far sighted, near sighted and reading glasses. It all happened over the course of this past year. Next on my list? A walker and support hose.

5:53 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I HATE the dentist! I really need to find a good one here...I've been putting it off for too long.

7:15 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I've had a serious eye perscription since grade three. Let me tell you, there are no cute frames for eight years olds... My eyes are only getting worse, but now I'm contacts all the way.

Dentists are never any fun... my condolences on your future appointment...

7:49 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I only started wearing glasses for reading about three years ago--at first it was the fine print and footnotes I couldn't read, now I can't read anything unless it's in really big print (I also have a problem getting the fishing line through the eye of a hook). I have a bunch of reading glasses--scattered everywhere.

Good luck at the dentist

8:13 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Chicks with glasses are hot!!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home