Monday, June 18, 2007



My pick for quirky, fun, summer series is Flight of the Conchords, Sunday nights on HBO.

According to HBO, "In the series premiere, transplanted New Zealanders Bret and Jemaine search for romance and gigs in New York City. At a party, Jemaine falls for Sally (who used to date Bret), but Bret spoils the moment back at their apartment. Meanwhile, their manager Murray shares his two-pronged plan for the band that includes making a music video, and Bret deals with the advances of Mel--the band's lone obsessed fan."

I watched it on the HBO website, and spent most of the 27 minutes laughing out loud. Check it out!

10 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

My lack of HBO is hindering my good television watching and enabling my consumption of bad TV. Case in point: I'm stoked to go home tonight and watch Age of Love. How awful and ageist is going to be? All signs point to ridiculous!

10:34 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane I've been meaning to ask you what you thought of the Sopranos final season?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - it does sound pretty bad!

flix - I was disappointed - it certainly wasn't as exciting as the endings I had made up in my mind!

2:02 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I'll have to set my DVR. My fav HBO show in Entourage.

3:33 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane and Flix - I'm curious, did you interpret the Sopranos ending as Tony living or dying?

4:47 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:55 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Interesting, but the musical numbers went on quite a bit too long and too often.

P.S. Shouldn't Dexter be coming back soon??

7:32 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I just started watching the first season of Lost. I can't believe it took me so long. What a good show!

6:55 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm like mmmmishy, I don't have HBO!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Haven't watched this show yet, did invite myself over to a freinds house to watch the first 2 new episodes of Big Love.

Are you into Big Love Diane? If you aren't, I highly suggest that you invest your time into it. I find it simultaneously highly entertaining and creepy. When it premiered last year I had a hard time getting into the show, but after the 3rd episode I got hooked. It totally paid off.

Rent season one of Big Love if you haven't seen it!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home