Thursday, May 10, 2007



Ok, so I have my first blind date in about 5 years next Wednesday. The gal I golfed with a couple of weeks ago, and who is married, had met this fella when he was grouped with her threesome (for golf, you dirty minds). She thought he was a nice fellow, and has been trying to fix him up. Apparently, he is fairly new to California. She found out I am single, and voila! Although hope springs eternal, I have had so many bad blind and/or internet dates, that it is hard not to expect the worst, and I can feel myself falling into some old, and bad, habits . . . . like picking apart his email to me to find fault (did he really need to use 10 exclamation points? isn't he just a little too excited about meeting for a drink?).

So, wish me luck, but basically, hope that this isn't an evening that I wish I was home on the couch watching an Angels' game with my dogs.

12 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ten exclaimation points may be a little exessive, but I am also someone who overuses them. Don't judge, he may just need some punctuation rehab(insert said point here)

I'm sending you good date vibes.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Oh, I hope you have a great time!!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, Diane! My stomach is already in knots for you. Also, I'd have the exact same reaction to 10 exclamation points in an email. But don't listen to me, I've sabotaged every relationship I've ever been in.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! Have a great time!

Michele sent me

12:18 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Have fun and enjoy yourself

12:51 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Maybe if the Angels are in town, you could just go to the baseball game for your blind date. That way if he is awful, you can ignore him and watch the game!

4:34 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Just remember the basics. Men and women are different, especially when it comes to dating.

You're going to be analyzing the complete package, you know - his personality, smile, wit, etc.

He'll be just trying to see your package.

6:47 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

pop an Ativan and have fun my sweet!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Thanks all for the support!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Be sure to tell us all the dirt!

9:34 AM  
Blogger v said...

Great news! And here is my (unnecessary) tip:

Men overdo things.

Women over analyze things.

Seriously, have a good time and since it's just drinks it'll be harmless.

Mostly.

Hah, couldn't resist.

I, too, will be sending good date vibes your way.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Since I'm wayyyyyyyyyy behind catching up on everyone's blog posts, how did it go!?!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home