Thursday, April 05, 2007



Since Leo wrote me personally, I thought I'd pass this on . . .

FYI - NRDC is a charity I strongly support, and they were one of the leading forces behind the recent victory in the US Supreme Court rebuffing the Bush Administration for its position on greenhouse gases.

Dear DIANE,

If you watched the Academy Awards, I'm sure you were as proud as I was that "An Inconvenient Truth" won the Oscar for Best Documentary. The Oscar is a milestone in our fight...but now I'm asking for your help to keep the momentum going. From the folks at NRDC, I know that you have already submitted an Official Citizen Comment -- and I personally want to thank you for taking that critical action. But now I'm asking you to go one step further and spread the word to your friends and family so they can send in their own
Official Citizen Comments by the April 9 deadline.

Together, we can protect the polar bear and send the Bush Administration a message loud and clear: that it must reckon with the pollution that is overheating our globe and threatening all living things. I've already signed my own Official Citizen Comment -- and used the Tell A Friend page to spread the word about this important campaign to my friends and family.

Please get the word out to your own circle of friends. We only have until April 9 to submit these Comments. To reach our goal of 500,000 signatures, we're really going to need your help. Let's keep the winning streak we started with "An Inconvenient Truth" at the Oscars going... by winning this critical protection for the polar bear...and turning down the heat that threatens so many species on Earth, including our own.

Sincerely, Leonardo DiCaprio
Trustee, Natural Resources Defense Council

8 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Leo is so hot. I'll take his advice any time. (It helps that I already agree with him).

2:19 PM  
Blogger sage said...

You run in with fancy crowd Diane! Like Editthis, I agree already too.

btw, did you see my yesterday post about hiking along the Coldwater? I had a rare picture of my dog in it--giving me one of those "you know where you can go looks" as he's afraid of cameras.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Mmmm. How is it that he is still hot, even though he looks about the same as he did 10 years ago... just with a bit of facial hair?

I definitely support the cause, though. Thanks for the link.

4:15 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Of course, one of Bush's hand-picked justices, Roberts, wrote the dissenting (minority) opinion.

God bless John Paul Stevens, and may he continue to enjoy good health.

Thanks for sharing this.

4:37 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Wow, let the EPA regulate emissions. How radical.

Us New Englanders who have been bitching about acid raid for thirty years. We've watched out native rainbow trout and other aquatic species perish as the pH plummets!

5:06 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:06 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Thanks for the info.

I wish that all businesses and homes would follow Sydney, Australia's lead in turning off the lights. What a difference it would make!

6:02 PM  
Blogger norm said...

Amen, Diane.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home