Monday, April 02, 2007



Opening Day . . .

I have written before about my 40 years as an Angels fan, long enough to make me cynical. With the Angels, you gotta hope for the best, and expect the worst. What will the 2007 season bring?

Top of the first, Sarge (new acquisition, Gary Matthews, Jr.) made a beautiful catch to end the first, then dropped a catch in the third . . .

Casey "mr. mononucleosis" Kotchman hit the Halos first home run of the season, but can he stay healthy?

Big Daddy Vladdy doubled in the Halos first run of the season, but will he have the bats around him that the team needs?

2 errors in the third (Matthews and Napoli) - will the Angels' defensive woes continue?

163 2/3 more games to find out . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

For me, the start of the baseball season is the official start of spring.

8:03 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

All of my teams are undefeated!

I grew up a Yankees and Indians fan and have grown to love the Royals. I really think the Royals are going to turn things around. They have some great young talent and new leadership.

4:53 AM  
Blogger sage said...

As a Pirate fan, for the past 15 years I find myself talking about "next year" by May 1.

5:20 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Well the Angels did start with a win!

btw Diane, my blog post of 4-1-07 was an "April Fools" joke.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

ah, from one baseball fan to another...

GO TIGERS! {grin}

11:12 AM  
Blogger ffleur said...

Hi Diane,

Just caught up on your posts. *Waves hi to Hana & other doggie - Sam?*

Congrats on finishing the race and getting wasted. Sounds like an enjoyable & productive day!

To the man you saw at the outhouse "did I use to work for you? I'm sure I was under you a few years ago..." (said with much wiggling of eyebrows)

I have "In Cold Blood" but haven't read it yet. I'd heard about Capote and read one of his short stories in high school before I saw him later on TV (bloated & drunk) and heard him (high pitched & strange voice). I was appalled the talent & face did not match. Pictures of him as a young man show an angel-face sweet pie.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I am going to the A's home opener on Monday. I wish it were the Giants, due to their FANTASTIC field, but the tickets were free, how could I pass it up. The only drawback is that I have to drive to the bay area and deal with the craptastic traffic!

12:32 PM  
Blogger v said...

Wow. So many baseball fans. We should've started a fantasy baseball league, lol.

I think the Angels will be very strong this year. And can you believe the K-Rod controversy? Seems like resin to me. That guy doesn't need to cheat.

And Vlad is like the greatest hitter in the world. As a Yankees fan we should be steali-, err I mean getting him any day now.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home