Saturday, December 23, 2006



I smell a . . .

I found some droppings in the big drawer where I keep the dish towels in the kitchen - judging by the size, this ain't no cute, cuddly mouse - it's got to be a rat living behind my kitchen cupboards, and I am not happy about this at all. I put the bird seed in a sealed container, but left some fruit in the fruit bowl on the counter (stupid, I know). So I'm glad to see that the rat got his vitamins from the bits of pear and apple he ate last night.

I have no problem with putting out poison, so long as I can put it where the dogs can't get it. The problem is finding the rat after it dies, and if it goes behind the kitchen cupboards it will be a disaster. The smell of a decomposing, poisoned rat is not something that is not easy to forget, nor is it easy to get rid of.

So this morning, after we hit Target when it opens at 8 am, the girls and I are heading off to Home Depot to explore our rat trapping/killing options. (Hanna loves to ride in the car, and Samantha hates to be left behind). I found some good options on the internet, but I'm not sure I can wait for UPS to deliver to deal with this problem.

All I have to say is . . . . YUCK!

3 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Can you call Orkin for this problem? Poor Di, a rat is not a very nice Xmas present.

8:38 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Oh man, that sucks!

1:31 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Um, rats are much MUCH worse than mice. I'm with Pru, this might be a problem for the professionals.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home