Saturday, December 09, 2006



If you haven't been watching The Wire on HBO, don't start now . . .

Tomorrow is the Season 4 finale - wait and watch the whole season on DVD - or better yet, start with Season 1 and enjoy the whole, wild ride.

Set in Baltimore, this show has explored the drug epidemic, corruption on the docks, in the political system and in the schools, and is one of the best, and most challenging shows on TV. Written by veteran writers, including Dennis Lehane (Mystic River) and George Pelecanos, it presents a disturbing picture of the problems facing cities across this country, and both the people who try to solve the problems, and those that cause and take advantage of those problems. It pulls no punches, and will leave you reeling. I highly recommend this show.

4 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

You're the second person this week who recommended this show, and I've never heard of it. I certainly didn't know Dennis Lehane wrote for it. I should go get the DVD and catch up while I'm recovering from surgery this week.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - that's a great idea - and seriously, start with the first season

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never watched this show... but hear great stuff about it from my friend Colleen.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

joe - the season ended last night . . . wow is all I can say - it really is sticking with me

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home