Saturday, April 04, 2009

It's been a good week of recuperation. I haven't even checked my work email accounts for ultimate relaxation, but back to work this Monday.

I made this scarf with yarn my neighbor brought by, and also have some lovely sock yarn from LA. Everyone has been really helpful and kind.

Finally really back on my feet. Today, Sam and I went did some errands - car wash, gas, pedicure - and then came home to enjoy a gorgeous day. Made some scones from a recipe on the back of the self-rising flour bag, but added some orange zest and craisins. Success! They are really, really good.

Sam and I are sitting on the back deck, soaking in the sun, knitting and listening to Exit Music by Ian Rankin. Now that I'm off the pain pills, am thinking about enjoying a nice glass of pinot grigio. . . .

Here are some things I've learned this week -

  • there is a James Bond movie on some channel, every day
  • there is an episode of Murder She Wrote on every day
  • there are a million Encore channels, and they show a lot of good movies
  • afternoon naps can be very refreshing
  • Sammy is a good sick bed companion
  • your heart rate will go down 30-40 bpm when you get to go home from the hospital
  • your blood pressure will go down 20 points when you get to go home from the hospital
  • it means everything to have good health
  • I need to lower my cholesterol
  • it's difficult but worthwhile to learn to accept help from others
  • the latest MC Beaton Hamish Macbeth novel is a good one
  • I don't know where I put the books I bought at Barnes and Noble
  • Twitter is addictive and silly

How have you been????

4 Comments:

Anonymous Sage said...

Doing well--spent time hiking today as tomorrow snow returns! I'm glad you had a good week of recovery. Speaking of recovery, have you read Gretel Ehrlich's "A Match to the Heart"? I loved her Wyoming stories in "The Solace of Open Spaces" "Match to the Heart" is about her recovery from a lightning strike--you might enjoy it.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Twitter is addicting! I started using it over a year ago and haven't stopped!

Glad to hear you are doing better and can start consuming wine again! =)

3:40 PM  
Blogger buckyor said...

"Here are some things I've learned this week -there is a James Bond movie on some channel, every day"

Sometimes life is good, isn't it?

Get well soon.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Glad you're recovering nicely!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home