Monday, March 30, 2009

A few weeks ago I added plants to my garden that are attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds. This morning I checked on my garden (needs water!), and spotted two striped caterpillars on the milkweed . . . that look just like this monarch butterfly caterpillar. I should have a couple cocoons soon, and then . . . butterflies! I'm thrilled.

My goals for today are simple - try to get the magic marker off my belly where the doctor put his initials to insure he cut into the correct side of my body.

Goal for the week - finish my Gathered Knot pullover.

Ah, the simple things . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Sometimes the simple things are the best things in the world! Tonight I plan on taking it easy by reading and sending out email to calm all the bridesmaids down.

4:21 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I spent the day proving the adage, "A bad of fishing is better than the best day at the office." The river was beautiful with 2 inches of fresh snow along the banks (cold wading, even with waders), but even without any Steelheads, it was still nice... Looking forward to butterfly photos.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen a pic of a monarch butterfly caterpillar... COOL!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

It's nice sometimes to slow down and appreciate the simple things.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home