Monday, March 09, 2009




Daylight Savings Time has me all out of sorts - don't know if I'm coming or going. I think its effects are worse since they've moved it up from late April to early March. Even so, we prepared for the time change by sleeping in on Saturday morning.



A better sign of spring is that my garden is starting to recover. It looks like I'll have a bumper crop of gladiolas, and I have my first hibiscus flower of the season.


Friday night I hooked up with LA and my neighbor to attend a wine tasting and show and tell at our local yarn shop. After that, dinner at a great fish place and a bit more wine.



Thanks to the hot tip from LA, I dvr'd Letterman all last week because U2 was on every night. I don't get to see Letterman too often, but I did enjoy it, although the dvr would cut off in the middle of U2's song every night. . . . sigh . . . not sure if I'm sold on their new album yet.



I found a new, gritty vampire series - the Joe Pitt Vampire books by Charlie Huston. The story is that Pitt caught the virus from a strange man in the bathroom at CBGBs in NYC in the '70s, and has been part of the vampire sub-culture since then. In the books, Manhattan is divided into various vampire territories, controlled by rival vampire gangs/groups. Pitt is an independent walking the line trying to keep on the right side of the rival groups, while keeping himself "alive."


Found a new favorite recipe - zucchini cakes with parmesan chees and diavolo sauce - yummy!



Not much else going on . . . how was your weekend?





11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I woke up this morning at 5 am like most days to go to the gym. It felt like someone punched me in the face.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I love that picture of her snoozing in bed!!! The daylight savings time messed me up too, although it was nice to have the sun up longer this evening!

6:42 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I actually got to ski this weekend, and it was over 50ยบ!! Wahoooo!! My old race skis bit the shed this year, so I rent. The new technology is amazing.

Diane, would you consider posting that recipe?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Flix - glad to!

8:50 PM  
Blogger the projectivist said...

Diane those books sound interesting.
Have you finished reading the series? you said you found it 'gritty' but don't say whether you enjoyed them.

worth a read?

12:21 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

DST has been rougher on me this year, too! I'm loving the longer evenings, though, so I think it's worth a few days of sleepiness.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Projectivist - gritty and good. I like them a lot so far.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Daylight savings time... $@#*%$!

12:55 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I hate DST! Your dinner looks great, please post recipe.

7:13 PM  
Blogger gaohui said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster.

7:47 PM  
Blogger chunxue said...

During the World War II, Art Deco jewellery was abercrombie & fitch a very popular style among women. The females started abercrombie wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap abercrombie & fitch such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used abercrombie and fitch long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold abercrombie outlet rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead abercrombie & fitch sale of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry abercrombie clothing today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and discount abercrombie triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long abercrombie and fitch UK lines and curves.One example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco ring. Art Deco rings have abercrombie and fitch outlet sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home