Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hanna gets her stitches out tomorrow, yay! We've been following the doctor's limited exercise restrictions, so while we don't walk too far, we find a nice place to sit in the grass and watch the world go by. Here we are this afternoon . . .

I brought my iPhone with me, so while the girls grazed on grass, I read Miss Marple on my eReader and listened to the sound track to Into the Wild.

'twas a lovely way to end the day . . . Oh, and a colleague of mine was just in Atlantic City and he sent me some salt water taffy, which was waiting on the front porch when I got home.

So besides having to listen to two a-holes in my office discussing how Sarah Palin really does have more experience than Obama, and whether they are going to shell out 700 bucks to hear her speak to some right wing nut job organization to which they belong, it was, overall, a good day.

And as someone posted on Knitters for Obama today, "Jesus was a community organizer; Pontius Pilate was a governor."

11 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I love that ending saying! Thanks for sharing.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I hope everything goes good today for Hanna!

I didn't realize there were ereaders! I'm going to have to check it out!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Little Fish said...

There are very few things that could make listening to right wing rhetoric bearable, but salt water taffy and dogs will certainly help ease the pain.

I hope Hanna is doing well!

7:05 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Jesus, what assholes.

7:57 AM  
Blogger LA said...

And as someone posted on Knitters for Obama today, "Jesus was a community organizer; Pontius Pilate was a governor."

That's a great quote. If you have a breakroom at the office, you should tape it to the fridge.

Hanna sure does looks happy laying in the grass.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hope all is going smoothly today for Hanna!

It is getting harder and harder to listen to the mindless and dishonest support for this Palin woman. You should be proud for not socking them in the gut.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Hanna looks like she is doing great, as does Samantha. Great news.
As for the election, I cannot WAIT for November, as I am so sick of it all. Bush/Cheney have set a new standard for what is exceptable as a candidate for the office of the President/Vice-President. F**king lying, greedy, power-hungry zealots with one track minds. I cannot take another four years of it, I just cannot.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

♥Hanna♥


Even saying Palin is a *bitch* is putting it mildly (new revelations over at my place).

8:48 AM  
Blogger LA said...

How did stitch removal go?

12:38 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - stitch removal went well. we go back next week to talk to the oncologist about drug treatment/chemo.

She's got most of her spunk back.

1:30 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Yeh, Hanna!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home