Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's been hotter than . . . well, you get the idea, here in So Cal today. The girls and I had a nice, long walk while it was still cool, (thanks to Hanna for waking up at 5:30), and then I headed over to the driving range for practice and a lesson. While I was carrying my golf bag, the handle broke (the bag is about 15 years old), so I'm working on convincing myself that this is a sign I should get a new golf bag and this beauty:

I have to work all day tomorrow (which may just give me grounds to justify the new driver), but I had a nice day today. After an hour and a half in the sun hitting golf balls, I wandered into the bar and told the bartender I wanted something really, really cold to drink. I settled on a beer, and then tried to determine which beer would be coldest. Is draft colder than bottles? The bartender was kind enough to indulge me, and we settled on a tall, draft Coors Light.

It was 10:30 a.m.

But damn, did that cold beer taste great.

Got a pedicure, had my favorite lunch at the local Greek place, did my errands, and came home for some quiet time (that's naptime to you and me) with the girls. I also watched Miss Potter - the story of Beatrix Potter starring Renee Zellwegger, Ewan MacGregor and Emily Watson. It's a sweet little movie, and I recommend it.

Tomorrow I have to head into the office . . . and don't think I'm not figuring out how many hours I'll have to put in tomorrow to pay for that Big Bertha driver . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That sounds like the perfect day! My day was spent primarily in bed recovering!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I spent most of my day watching racing. It was too hot and humid to travel.

12:10 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Sounds like a nice day. I ran a couple errands this morning and then watched a whole bunch of episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Took a nap on an ice pack (literally). Then, I went to a party in downtown LB where I figured out it was pride weekend. That discovery was confirmed when I dropped my sister off at 12:30 and there were about 200 people lined up to get into Ripples.

12:43 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Sounds like you had a pleasant day... I'm glad we're not into hot weather yet.

Big Bertha, the name makes me smile--wasn't that the nickname of the feared German canon in WWI?

4:43 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Sounds like a nice day. I like how you went right from broken bag to needing a new driver.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I went to a little fair yesterday and ate a fried pickle on a stick. It was a nice way to spend a Saturday.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

I think it's so funny that a golf club is named Big Bertha. And Miss Potter was a cute movie!
We're in the 90s already here-yuck. Fred's afternoon walks are getting later and later. haha

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home