Thursday, December 06, 2007



My original tenant in the studio apartment was a little old lady who drove me crazy. She put "Bush 2000" signs in her window, ripped out the nasturtiums I planted to grow up a trellis, would randomly buy herself new toilet seats for my handyman to install, and then deduct it from her rent, and smoked so much that we had to replace all the light fixtures and shower stall when she moved out.

However, she did plant paperwhite bulbs, which still sprout and bloom every year, and smell unbelievably sweet.

8 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

"would randomly buy herself new toilet seats for my handyman to install . . ."

Maybe she liked your handy man.

9:14 PM  
Blogger sage said...

there's aways a bright side--did you have to pay plumber charges to change a toilet seat? Even I can do that

6:30 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - there is some truth to that observation

sage - me too!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Way to see the glass as half full... I would have killed her for ripping up flowers I had planted.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I would have put her out on the street as soon as that Bush 2000 sign went up.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

princess and ryan - it was a happy day when she gave me notice she was moving out

8:57 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Those are beautiful!

8:10 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

That sounds pretty annoying? Can't you ask a person's presidential preference before leasing to them? :)

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home