Tuesday, December 04, 2007



In the spirit of the season, allow me to share this recipe for Coconut Cookies. I made them last weekend (I had leftover coconut from the Carrot Cake I made for Thanksgiving), and they are very, very good and very, very easy. One note - I used sweetened coconut.

Makes about 2 and 1/2 dozen cookies

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut

2 large eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add shredded coconut, mixing well with a rubber spatula.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed, just to blend. Beat in sugar, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in coconut until thoroughly mixed.
4. Drop rounded teaspoons of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1 1/2-inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, until the tips of the cookies are pale gold. Slide the parchment papers, with the cookies on them, onto wire cooling racks and let the cookies cool completely.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love coconut. Drink those Goya coconut waters like crazy lately. I will try:)

6:35 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Yeah, thanks for sharing. I am hosting the shing-ding this year, which means I usually don't have to cook. But this might be a good desert option.

(Did you happen to see the Patriots last night?)

8:29 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

do you mind if i steal this for one of those recipe chain emails someone sent me? i was gonna send my mac and cheese recipe, but i realized kraft has it copyrighted.

12:05 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Wow, this sounds good--but what I really want is your carrot cake recipe!

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home