Saturday, July 21, 2007






This morning was cool and overcast, and the girls and I spent a lazy morning watching the British Open. Having spent a summer there attending the University, I'm still reeling from hearing the the ESPN/ABC announcer pronounce Edinburgh like "Pittsburgh".
Hanna woke up on the sweet side of the dog bed this morning, and was sweet and kind of clingy all day. She spent most of the day in contact with me, and I'm a bit worried she may not be feeling well, though her appetite is still good . . .

My spend no money streak ended yesterday, but it was worth it . . . . A friend wanted to go out to lunch, and even though I had brought my lunch, I agreed. I'm glad I did because she is going through a rough divorce, and it was good to get out of the office to talk. I must also confess that yesterday evening I bought Elvis Costello's My Aim is True off of iTunes - $7.99 for the whole album . . . . and having revealed some of my poor cd choices below, can anyone recommend any good new music to add to my collection?
Tonight my niece and I went and saw the American Ballet Theater's production of The Sleeping Beauty, and it was lovely. Some of the costume choices were a bit odd, though . . . I'm not sure I would have outfitted the Beauty's father as Burger King, and I'm also not sure why the Act III wedding guests were dressed as extras from Marie Antoinette . . .
How is your weekend going????

14 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I had a good evening of fishing with my dad last night--we caught a mess of fish but unfortunately I wasn't able to find him a big pike or muskie (he's been saying how he's like to catch one)

5:20 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

My weekend is going alright considering I'm working. Got to play hockey last night so that was good. Unfortunately, I also seem to be coming down with a chest cold.

Hmm...music for your collection. Big question. Classic would be Outlandos d'Amour if you don't already have it. Current? I have to admit, I haven't liked anything new in awhile. I'll have to think on that one.

12:46 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

P.S. Welcome to my world. Wally is needy and clingy ALWAYS. In fact, if he's not, I worry he might be sick.

12:47 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

Bought new computer speakers yesterday. Today I am stuck in my pjs while washing every item of my wardrobe (well, its seems that way) while reading the new Harry Potter because I am scared someone will reveal the ending before I finish it.

1:43 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Everywhere I go in my house, it seems like there is always cat following me. Animals are really good company!

3:24 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Sorry, I can't recommend any new music. I'm hopelessly stuck in the 60's-thru-90's rock genre.

The weather has been unusual for July. Here not-so-close to the beach, but still in Orange County, it was overcast Sat. morning, and it rained on Sun. around 7:00 p.m. Nothing measurable; just unusual.

8:28 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Great weekend. I'm flying through a new book, saw some friends play live music this afternoon, and had a fabulous meal at La Creperie on 2nd St. tonight.

I just heard the new White Stripes, and I think it's great. So is the new Linkin Park, if you're into that. I got new Queens of the Stone Age, and I like their older stuff better.

d.o.m. dan - you had rain? Where are you? I'm in Seal Beach, and it IS really muggy tonight!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I checked out an art show this weekend, but after that I mostly just sat around basking in the air conditioning.

About music, have you heard the new Wilco album? (Don't worry there are no boring jams on it)

Also I have to tell you about an amazing performier I've seen around Nashville. He calls himself "Unknown Hinson" and says he's a 400 year old hillbilly vampire. His music is kinda psycho/rockabilly country and western with a twist and quite witty. He really blew me away.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

pru - I like that kind of music - - I call it cowboy punk and my brother calls it psycho billy . . .

la - I was surprised to hear raindrops on the roof about 4:30 this morning

6:35 AM  
Blogger LA said...

diane - We had the same downpour here last night. And it feels pretty muggy this morning!

7:34 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I hope Hanna is feeling ok.

I want to hear more about your summer in Edinburgh! When were you there?

I went wedding dress shopping this weekend. No no, NOT for me. My friend is getting married and I was along for the ride. It's exhausting! Story to follow on my blog.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

It went better than Sergio Garcia's.

8:08 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

LA - I live in La Habra, and there was light rain on and off throughout the night. I'm surprised this morning's news wasn't on Storm Watch.

12:27 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Dan - We finally got it at the beach in the middle of the night. Now, the humidity is about 80 percent (according to my iGoogle page). You're right, it seems like all daytime television would be preempted for Storm Watch.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home