Thursday, January 04, 2007



Last night I watched two promising new sitcoms on ABC - The Knights of Prosperity and In Case of Emergency.

Knights is produced by David Letterman and, oddly enough, Mick Jagger. Jagger also guest starred in a send up of his rich, rock star image. The premise is that some average joes in Queens decide to rob Mick to earn enough money to pursue their dreams (they also each pick a charity to donate any excess to). The characters are quirky and likable, and the writing was pretty good - I'll tune in again.

Also new last night, was In Case of Emergency, starring David Arquette, Jonathan Silverman and Greg Germann. It involves 3 guys and a gal who all attended the same high school, and the messes they have made of their lives 20 years later. The title refers to the dilemma that single adults face - who to list as a contact in case of emergency? This show is produced and (I think) directed and/or written by Jon Favreau. It also seems worth a second look.

9 Comments:

Blogger PixieGaf said...

I like Jon Favreau's work and this show actually sounds pretty good. Hopefully it won't get cancelled before I get a chance to watch it.

3:02 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

What was the LOL factor?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

pixie - every new show I like has quickly bitten the dust, so tune in soon!

flix - they garnered a few chuckles from me!

6:06 PM  
Blogger PixieGaf said...

Diane me too! I never got over the cancellation of My So Called Life.

8:15 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to put those on the Tivo. How is Greg Germann? Still his old Ally McBeal self?

9:28 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I meant to watch both of those shows last night. I'll check them out next week. I need some Wednesday night shows.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Oh Pix, I'm with you on that one! I really miss My So Called Life! They never got to wrap up the story line.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw both of the previews but so far I'm sticking to what I said last week. Too bad because I wanted to check out both.

11:10 AM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

i saw both of these. i'm not much into over the top humor, so between the two, in case of emergency needs to tone it down, while knights has just the right amount.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home