Saturday, December 02, 2006



Bond lite?

It's a windy, stormy night here at Casa Diane and the Girls and I are locked up tight watching movies. On the bill tonight - Layer Cake with Daniel Craig. This is the type of movie Guy Ritchie wishes he could make instead of flushing his career down the loo on star vehicles (like Swept Away) for his not so talented wife, Madonna. I liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, and if you take away the annoying camera work and editing and make the plot slightly more accessible, you end up with Layer Cake, starring Daniel Craig, instead of Jason Statham. Great sound track too . . . and Craig definitely did beef up to play Bond. The dogs are asleep, but I wouldn't take that as a reflection on the film - I gave it 4 stars at Netflix.

4 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Sounds pretty good.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - it is pretty good fun

9:20 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

you know i am totally biased but this is one of the best movies i've seen in recent memory, besides that one where he stars as bond and of course, enduring love.

ps look for a review of the mother soon!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

kitty - I liked it too - and it's the first thing I've watched with Craig other than Bond - I also watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which I thought was entertaining too

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home