Wednesday, November 22, 2006




My birthday just came early . . .

The most laugh out loud funny book I have ever read is David Sedaris' "Me Talk Pretty One Day". His other books and short stories are also gems. Tonight, instead of just deleting my Ticketmaster email update of coming attractions, I checked it out and found that tickets went on sale today for Sedaris' April 26 show at the Riverside Muni Auditorium. First of all, he needs to fire his agent for booking him into this facility, but more importantly, I'll be celebrating my birthday 2 days early in the front row of Mr. Sedaris' southland show. Yee haw!


Check out Sedaris on Letterman here

10 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Diane - I got that email today, too. I actually have tickets to see him with Sarah Vowell in Santa Barbara on 4/28.

BTW, last year he played Long Beach!

(Check out Naked, if you haven't.)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - I have read all his books I've been able to get my hands on! Have fun in SB . . . on my b-day!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I adore him. I've actually nearly peed myself laughing while reading his books. You guys are lucky. Except for the going to Riverside part. Is he really reading in Brown Hollar? Make sure you lock your car up good and set the alarm.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

pru - Riverside strikes me as an odd location for an openly gay satirist to preform . . .

8:48 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim is my favourite (so far).

Make sure to let us know how awesome it is to see him in person, ok? I'm a little in love with him.

10:22 AM  
Blogger LA said...

A friend of mine was an RA in the dorms at UC Riverside. She made up shirts that read as follows:

Suicide
Homicide
Riverside

11:28 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm starating to get the impression that Riverside is a bit of a skanky place...

3:21 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Skanky? Smoggy, brown, dirty, ugly, full of white trash, gang bangers, insane homeless people, and speed freaks, yes, but skanky? Yes.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - yeah, what prunella said . . .

4:39 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Diane, Can I go with you?!?

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home