Monday, October 16, 2006



Dexter - Miami's most likable serial killer?

I watched the first 2 episodes of this new Showtime series on the Showtime website tonight. Michael C. Hall is fantastic, and plays a character far removed from the undertaker he played on Six Feet Under.

Dexter works as a forensic blood analyst for the Miami PD; his sister is a cop, as was their foster father. Dad realized when Dexter was young that he was a psychopath, and channeled his pathology towards killing those who deserve it - a serial killer preying on young boys, a rapist/snuff film killer, cop killers . . . . Dexter floats through life; he realizes that he is incapable of normal, human emotions, so he fakes it.

While I realize that my determination to tune in regularly for any new show has been the kiss of death (sorry Smith and Kidnapped), I'm going to check Dexter out again.

10 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I love this show too. But when I was at the bookstore the other day I found the book it is based on and took a peak. D'oh now I know how the show is going to end. I wish I hadn't looked!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I bet they use a different ending for the tv show!

8:02 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Man, I have to watch that, but I don't know if I get it up here. I guess I'm waiting for the DVD?

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught the show on Showtime's free weekend promotion. I really like it. I'm probably going to order Showtime once again.

12:41 PM  
Blogger PixieGaf said...

It sounds like a really good show. I must check it out next time its on Showtime.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This show looks really interesting! I love Michael C. Hall! Alas, I am too cheap to spring for premium channels. I will wait for the DVD to rent.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

pixie - the episodes are on Sunday nights, but it is replayed (literally) every night thereafter - I watched the 3rd episode last night, and I know it is on again tonight

And it is definitely DVD worthy . . .

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught the newest episode. The show is my favorite new show next to Heroes, of course. I can't wait for DVD.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

joe - I'll have to check out Heroes too - but isn't Michael C. Hall great in Dexter?

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's fantastic! So much better than whiny David. I loved that show though.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home