Sunday, July 23, 2006


I had such good intentions today. I picked out a number of new recipes from this month's CookingLight Magazine. I went to the market - two actually - and bought the ingredients for Orange Chicken with Green Onions, Spicy Chicken Cakes with Horseradish Aioli, and a few dishes described as good for pre and post workout meals. While I did make the filling for Peanut Butter Plus sandwiches (to die for I might add), it was just too hot to contemplate cooking the rest, so to beat the heat, Hanna, Samantha and I went to Pelican Isle in Huntington Harbor. A lovely patio, a dish of cold water for the dogs, Chardonnay for me, and some pretty good appetizers left us all happy. Oh, and the Caribbean Steel Band was perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

ffleur - I too like to have a queue of books - you never know what you'll be in the mood for next! I hope you like "Devil"!

1:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Your afternoon beats having an oven on in this heat any day!

I'm glad to see you and ffleur swapping book recommendations!

7:00 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Pelican Isle? We are neighbors!

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll check back with you as our Halos win the AL West!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home