Wednesday, July 12, 2006



Hanna spotted a kitty this morning on our walk. As usual, the cat got away. It never ceases to amaze me that after dozens of cat encounters, Hanna still hasn't learned her lesson. In every single case, the dog comes out the loser, and she has the scars on her nose to prove it. When I first adopted Hanna from a rescue group, she was 15 months old and WILD. Bailey, the siamese mix was 14 years old, and the undisputed queen of the house. It never occurred to me that there would be any problem - I'd dog sat for other dogs, and in each case it took exactly one encounter with Bailey for the dog to learn that she was in charge. Hanna never learned that lesson. We lost Bailey to old age a couple of years ago, but I think she was kept alive for the last year or so by her pure hatred for the dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home