Monday, July 03, 2006


The Who are one of my favorite bands, and Quadrophenia is my favorite Who album. I've seen the Who in concert a few times, including 2 years ago at the Hollywood Bowl, and they still rock. Daltrey can still wail - albeit a tad more carefully - and Zak Starkey fills in nicely on drums. Even their two newer songs - Real Good Looking Boy and Old Red Wine were quality, and well received. But the greatest Who concert I have been to was the Quadrophenia tour in 1997 - hearing the album played live from beginning to end was one of the finest concert experiences I have had.

4 Comments:

Blogger ambient lighting said...

Diane, I got here from Bean's blog; he didn't publish my comment but I wanted to explain the Taylor demographic: http://www.votefortheworst.com (I'm not so much a fan as an anti-fan!)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

ambient - I love vote for the worst dot com!!!! Ok, that explains it :-)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mike V. said...

thanks for the kind words on my blog!

funny you should mention the Who, then a few days after you make this post, they announce they will be touring the US, including the Hollywood Bowl.

I saw them several times in the Bay Area over the years and that 97 tour you mention WAS in fact very awesome.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

mike - The Who - November 5 at the Hollywood Bowl - I'm in!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home