Tuesday, July 08, 2008

All three of my plumeria are in bloom. The first flowers belong to my oldest and dearest plant - a plumeria I bought in 1995. It has the sweetest smell of the three. I bought this second plant a few years ago, primarily for the deep pink color . . .
This is my most recent plumeria, and it has a cinnamon scent . . .
Robert Crais is one of the top mystery crime novelists around. I started listening to his latest book - Chasing Darkness - yesterday after work and I've been listening to it every free moment since then. So I will have spent 7 of the past 26 hours listening to the entire book. If you like that genre I highly recommend it.
I saw my first "McCain" bumper sticker in town today while walking the dogs . . . looks like it's time to break out my "Obama '08" sign!


11 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

You know what I think of when I think of McCain...old. I don't know why I just do. When I think of Obama I think freedom.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat - you're not alone - they did a poll and the number one word associated with McCain was "old", and I like your word association with Obama!

8:39 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Beautiful flowers.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I have yet to see a McCain Sticker in Northern California! I have seen many a Ron Paul sticker though. I see one on the back of my car the other day, and no I am not taking it off!

9:26 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

LOL, Ryan!!

Those flowers are wild.

9:30 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I haven't read a mystery book in a long time. I'll have to give that one a try.

9:33 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

The sheer beauty! :D

11:17 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Even my republican relatives see "old getting older" when they see McCain. One is voting for Obama, the other, not sure yet.

Diane - Someone mistakenly gave me two mysteries which you can have if you want them. One is Obedience by Will Lavender and the other is Murder at Union Station by Margaret Truman. Let me know if you are interested.

12:43 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Ryan - Are you hiding a dent or something? ;)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

THe plumeria flowers are gorgeous!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

"Obama '08" sign!

Mine is on my car and hubby's is on his vehicle!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home