Monday, June 23, 2008


You want to know why I'll never be able to get over my obsessive compulsive disorder by which I keep checking things (like going back in the house to see that the stove is turned off, or constantly checking to see that I have my wallet with me when I'm travelling)? Because I screw up just enough that the disorder is not entirely irrational.
Perhaps an example is in order. On April 4, 2008, I made all the reservations - 2 1/2 months in advance, mind you - for my trip to NYC with my niece. Airline, hotel, Broadway shows. So, last night it occurs to me that I should call and confirm the hotel reservation. Everything is done online, of course, but I have printed copies of all my paperwork. Oddly enough, my hotel reservation doesn't have a confirmation number. Rather, it appears that I printed out the screen preceding the confirmation page, and I can't find any emails etc., that show that the reservation was actually ever made. Apparently, I missed one step - the one where you push the button to actually confirm the reservation.
Not surprisingly, when I called the reservation hotline, there is no reservation under my name.
Fortunately, I was able to easily book alternative accommadations, but I was sick to my stomach thinking I almost showed up at the original hotel, with my 19 year old niece in tow, only to find out we had no place to stay.
Idjit, idjit, idjit.

7 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Damn! That would give me a heart attack for sure! Did you call Priceline? I'm not even kidding!

10:48 AM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

Actually, I'm in the same boat! I thought I made a reservation a month ago for Anaheim, but I haven't been able to provide a code, thus proving my reservation. They would not be open for calls until today b/c it is a conference hotel. Better make that call!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Oh gosh! I better check that my hotel was booked for my trip to Dallas this coming wknd!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Ha ha, that's TOTALLY something I would do! Happily, there are a few hotels to stay in, in New York. :-)

Glad it turned out o.k.!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

D'oh!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

e'gads!

7:48 PM  
Blogger safik said...

suman

cfindex@gmail.com

http://www.prontohotel.com

Thanks.

Obviously,It is a very attractive site.

This site is very helpful for traveller.

this site is nice and very helpful.

Interesting series and many good points.
very nice blog.....

here is an another nice site hotel reservations

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home