Friday, January 04, 2008







Go Obama! I was pleased to see Barack Obama come out in front in the Iowa caucus, although I have no idea what a caucus is . . .



I like Obama, and I think he is a nice change from business as usual. I'm also mindful that national polls show Hillary Clinton losing to every potential GOP candidate . . .


All of the GOP candidates still scare the bejesus out of me.



Looks cold, eh? This is where I will be, albeit very bundled up, in two days. Last year's visit to Yellowstone left me pretty well prepared for this trip. We are staying in old cabins in the Park, so the guests need to bring sleeping bags, pillows, towels, etc., but the food will be catered and brought in every day - beer and wine even! This trip should also involve a bit more showshoeing, which I am looking forward to. Our guides also report that there has been exceptional wolf activity of late . . .

6 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

I totally agree on the GOP candidates - they all have a certain ick factor about them. I haven't done the research yet to determine which Democratic candidate to get behind.

The trip sounds cool! Have a great time!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Maybe I'm being a little over confident, but I don't think any repub stands a snowball's chance in hell of winning the presidency this year!

I'm comfortable with Barack, Hillary, and John Edwards.

1:54 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm again looking forward to you Yellowstone reports. Will you only use snowshoes. I have both snowshoes and skis (actually a couple of pair of skis!). If given a chance, I'd use skis, their faster, quieter, I can climb fairly easily with them (waxed skis, not the no-wax type) and go down hill a lot easier than with snowshoes. Whatever you use, have a great time, I hope you get to soak your troubles away in one of the "not so hot" hot springs up there.

As for the elections, we got a primary coming up here where Edwards and Obama aren't even on the ticket! Go figure, Michigan politics may not be as corrupt as what I saw in Utah and Nevada, but I think it's less effective.

5:26 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Staying in a cabin, deeper in the park, is certain to increase your exposure to all that rustic beauty!!

7:36 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I like Obama, too, though I was saddened that Joe Biden dropped out. I'm really glad that California has a chance to vote early in the primaries for a change.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster12323

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home