Monday, January 28, 2008


Anyone wondering what the overnight weather in Southern California was like on Saturday night? Well, let me tell you . . .





Since my last post, Hanna (and the rest of us) had a pretty rough weekend.

Because she hadn't had anything unusual to eat, I'm assuming Hanna's upset stomach was a belated side effect of the anesthesia, but it made for a rough rest of the weekend. We didn't get much sleep Saturday night since we had to go for a walk to go to the bathroom at 11:30 pm (drizzling), 12:30 am (drizzling), 1:30 am (pouring rain), and 3:30 am (back to drizzling). After going out again at 6:30 am, I headed over to 7-11 for Pepto Bismol - which can be safely given to dogs. It took a few doses (1/2 tablespoon per 15 lbs. of dog), but by 4 pm, her tummy had calmed down, and we had a good night's sleep last night. Let me tell you, Pepto mixed in with dog food and plenty of water (to make sure she didn't get dehydrated), is truly disgusting. The good news is that all seems well today.


My plans for Sunday were put on hold, and I spent the day watching season 1 of Murder She Wrote on Netflix Watch it Now, and I started another knitting project.

Here is my version of Quant, using some Silk Garden yarn I had in my stash. (It's a headband). The entrelac pattern is challenging enough to be interesting, and the project is a quick knit. The good news? No finishing!

I hope your weekend was more fun/restful/productive.

9 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Wow, I'll have to keep that in mind. I never knew Pepto would work on our canine friends. Great info!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Poor Hanna. I hope she's doing better today on this cold Monday.

4:58 PM  
Blogger sage said...

That's a lot of getting up and going out into the rain--I will have to remember pepto for when Trisket is ill

6:24 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Oh, good to know about the Pepto. Poor doggie! Glad Hanna is doing better. The weather here has been horrible and depressing too.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Sending healing vibes to Hanna.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

OMG you were watching Season One of Murder She Wrote! I wish I was watching Murder She Wrote on a cold/rainy day. I am so over this rain. I swear it has rained for 8 days straight, and we have another storm coming tomorrow. We at least got to see the sun today. It was a treat.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

At least you will have a cute, new headband as a result of the weekend!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I never knew you could give dogs that! Happy to hear that she is doing better and you got a good night of sleep!

7:20 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wally's tummy was super upset for days after he had his surgery from the pain pills they gave him. Hope Hanna is better.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home