Tuesday, January 22, 2008



Twelve Days?

I couldn't find an entry in Guinness World Records for the longest head cold, but I'm pretty sure my 12 days and counting has got to be in the running.

The cold is my justification for being terribly cranky, but these are my observations on the day . . .

Obama, Bill and Hillary - stop snarking at each other. Your fellow Dems are not the enemy.

Rudolph Guiliani should fire his campaign manager. The strategy of waiting until Fl0rida to actively become involved in the primaries had ended his campaign before it even started.

I'm hoping for the first Super Bowl where neither team wins.

I'd like to lose weight, but I don't want to diet, and I feel too crappy to exercise.

Sure, it was after I'd eaten breakfast and lunch, and I was fully dressed, including wearing boots, but how in God's name can the scale at my doctor's office be 12 freakin' pounds heavier than my scale at home?

I realized yesterday that I didn't make as much money last year as I thought - I'd added in income for 13 months, rather than the generally accepted 12 months.

I'm glad I bought the economy sized Nyquil, but how many nights in a row can you take it before you officially become addicted?

And finally, no matter how many times I blow my nose, miraculously, I never run out of snot.

10 Comments:

Blogger maggie moran said...

I hope you feel better. :(

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

I hear you on Giuliani, doctor scales...and snot. :( Hope you feel better soon! (And I say just enjoy the Nyquil while it lasts. haha)

2:24 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon... as for the doctor's scales, I've noticed that--my docs scales are about 10 pound heavier than mine and those at the gym. When I ask him about it, he laughs and says that's what everybody says...

5:16 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Your are sooo right about the dems fighting amongst each other!!

I hope you feel better soon!

5:28 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I HATE doctors' scales! They are the scourge of society.

Hope you start to feel better ASAP. Did they give you anything?

5:28 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Yeah, there is something about their scales. And I always want to say something, but don't.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Cheer up Diane, when you get preznut's rebate money, you'll be able to fill up your gas tank once and go see an afternoon discounted movie.

=chuckle=

10:24 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I feel you on the doctor's scale. WTH is up with that? I always leave the doctor's office in a deep depression.

And I like the way you say, "the more accepted 12 months" for the calendar.

10:56 AM  
Blogger BBC said...

I'm hoping for the first Super Bowl that isn't played, I think big league sports are stupid.

3:52 PM  
Blogger kookla@work said...

I usually hold onto the wall or a nearby counter and that subtracts a good 15 pounds at home and the doctor's scale. Also, I didn't have to make a New Year's resolution to lose weight this year since Pelegrim gave me food poisoning the first week of January.

Feel better, Girlfriend.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home