Thursday, March 01, 2007


My horoscope for today:
"Yes, you're a love magnet, but it's important to place yourself in the right setting so you don't attract a bunch of duds. The stars emphasize quality over quantity. Sure, flirt it up, but only take the numbers of a few."
The right setting . . .
was it the gas station this morning where I noticed gas has risen to over $3/gallon again? There were two big ("I'm an a-hole")* trucks ahead of me while I was waiting to get my car washed - were they studs or duds?
could it be my dull as dirt office where I'm dressed in a navy suit that is just a tad too Stewardess-like? Should I be flirting with our married IT guy who is here trying to keep our system up for another day?
how about the green belt near my home where, later, I will walk the dogs wearing a disgusting pair of sweats and really dirty fake UGG boots? Should I bring a pen and paper to get the phone numbers of a choice few?
Or is this finally proof that Astrology is a complete crock?
* To clarify, I don't mean to imply that every person driving a full size pick up is an ass. (See comment by Sage :-) ) Some people work and play in areas that require the use of a full size truck. (Same goes for housewives driving Suburbans - a few of them may really have 12 children who all participate in numerous after school activities.) But even the people who haul supplies and go skiing don't really need the new "Super Size" trucks - c'mon, an F350? Are you hauling a yacht this weekend? Where do you store the ladder so that you can climb into your truck? (My apologies to sage if he drives - probably legitimately - an F350).
Next week - why I hate Hummers - and yes, I mean the cars.

7 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I drive a full sized pickup, does that mean I'm an a-hole? :-)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Sage - nope - because you live in an outdoorsy area and do outdoorsy things. Guys working construction can also justify a full size truck. Guys working at Circuit City in OC who don't do deliveries, and won't even help their friend's move, cannot!

12:25 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I feel vindicated, thanks. ;)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - my pleasure!

4:20 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Heehee. I know exactly what you mean. It's like ten years ago when EVERY GUY wore a silent pager conspicuously on their belt.

And by the way, where are all the good men? Not in Seal Beach, I'll tell ya that!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

C'mon out to Tennessee. Billy Jeb and Clem down the road a spell from me are single and waiting to meet a hot city gal with all her teefs!

Every soccer mom in my neighborhood drives a Suburban. I hope they are enjoying the high gas prices.

8:47 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Everyone around me seems to drive some sort of major SUV or truck. I also agree that some people need trucks like these, but some people just drive them for the sake of it. Personally, I drive a little baby car and I love her. The ozone layer also loves my car.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home