Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hanna is recovering nicely. Her leg does not seem to be causing her much discomfort, and hopefully, the antibiotics are ridding her of the infection. She has been pretty good about not licking her staples/sutures, but I put the cone of silence on her overnight, and while I am away from the house. The doggie honor system has its limits, after all. The downside to the cone, from my perspective, is that when she comes to see if I'm awake in the morning (today at 5:45 a.m.) she is pretty hard to ignore - the hard plastic edge in the eye is a real wake-up call, and as she wiggles her head back and forth in greeting, the cone tends to clear everything off of my bed side table. Here she warms her old bones in the sun.

I haven't gotten a ton of flowers from my tulip bulbs, but here is a pretty white and pink one. I have a bunch of amaryllis' sending up blooms, and they should start to open this week.














I have finished square no.1 (of 4 total) for baby Ella's blanket. The shower is May 12, so my goal is to finish a square each week. I am pleased with the pretty colors . . . and hope the mom and dad to be will be too.

Rain is predicted, but the weather looks promising, so hopefully I will get out for a nice run (ok, walk) today.

Enjoy your Sunday, one and all!

11 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

{Hugs for Hanna}

tulip is bea-u-ti-ful!

love the first square... so pretty. :o)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Those colors are awesome for a baby blanket.

Poor Hanna. Shirley went nuts the time she had to wear a cone.

11:55 AM  
Blogger PixieGaf said...

How sad I hope Hanna gets better soon.

The blanket looks amazing I love the geometric design.

12:10 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

All of your dog pictures is making me want to get a dog!

My garden has not been coming along at all. We have been having unseasonably cold weather and all of my grass is back to yellow.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane, Hanna looks like a great companion. I love that face. Hopefully she'll be back in fighting form soon. The cone in the eye....too funny. Yep, that would wake me up!

The blanket looks like it will be a winner. Gifts like that are invaluable when you take into consideration the time and love someone has devoted to it.

Michelle says hi :)

1:18 PM  
Blogger sage said...

glad Hanna is healing well--the idea of a dog wearing a cone inside the house gives me visions of all kinds of messes--you grow wonderful flowers and your hand create beautiful gifts.

1:22 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

kisses to sweet Hana.

I like the blanket. Will the next square have the pattern inverted?

6:17 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I had to laugh at the cone story. It's just a funny thing to hear about.

I am jealous of the sun you're getting, but rain would be good for you guys, too.

7:49 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Glad to hear Hanna is feeling better. When Wally wears the cone, he tends to run it into door jams as he tries to come through them.

8:38 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Good news about Hanna's healing! I love your flower photos. They are nice and cheery!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Queen of Light and Joy said...

You're knitting these? GAWD! Can I have the pattern? This is so GORGEOUS!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home